conference on water reuse during August 24-26 that I wish I could attend. According to the press release, "The 2nd Annual Water and Wastewater Re-use for Clean, Green and Smart Rural and Urban Communities will highlight decentralized water reclamation technologies that regenerate new water from used wastewater, roof rainwater and other sources". The topics to be discussed?
- Why Traditional Water Supply Approaches Won’t Work Anymore;
- Community-scale Re-use Lessons Learned;
- Decentralized Re-use: The Need for a New Water Supply Paradigm in the U.S.;
- Decentralized Water Reclamation Technologies Overview;
- Use of Decentralized Water Reclamation at Businesses, Hotels and Facilities; and
- Re-use Rules and Regulations.
North Carolina is living the state motto with these events - "esse quam videri" (To be, rather than to seem).